February ROMA Board Meeting Highlights
February 28, 2023
The ROMA Board of Directors met in February, with a number of newly elected Zone Representatives taking part for the first time.
- The 2023 ROMA Conference: The conference saw record attendance of nearly 1,600 participants. Thanks to everyone who took part in making this first in-person conference since 2020 a success.
- 2023 Strategic Objectives: One of ROMA’s key priorities will be advocating for government investment and policies that support ROMA’s Rural Opportunities plan for action and recommendations in its Rural Attainable Housing Task Force Report.
- Zone 7 Vacancy - March 3 deadline: There is currently no Board representative for Zone 7, which includes the United Counties of Leeds and Grenville as well as the United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry (SDG). The Board will appoint the position. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and current resume/CV by Friday March.
- AMO Call to Action on Housing and Homelessness: ROMA supports the work of AMO in bringing attention to policy action required to address the ongoing and escalating challenges in housing that is affordable and the “made in Ontario” crisis of homelessness.
- Drainage Act: Advocacy continues to have railway companies pay for drainage work in accordance with Ontario’s Drainage Act- a responsibility they have honoured for more than a century. The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Affairs continues to reiterate the province’s commitment to holding railways responsible for these costs, which should not be borne by Ontario property taxpayers.
Watch the ROMA Board Chair Video
You can stay in touch with ROMA via our website, or by following us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Share this Post