2021 Strategic Objectives
- Advocate for government investment that supports the prosperity and essential role of rural municipalities in the pandemic recovery.
- Advance the priorities of rural municipalities with a clear and distinct ROMA voice.
- Deliver an outstanding virtual ROMA conference in 2021.
- Advocate for broadband investment to support economic and social development.
- Engage ROMA members through strategic communications and active social media.
- Undertake a targeted governance and zone review to identify potential changes to be considered at the 2022 AGM, in advance of 2023 ROMA elections.
- Support organizations, events and activities that advance, promote and celebrate the strength of rural communities in the social, cultural and economic fabric of Ontario.
- Bring a strong rural influence to current and emerging social, justice, economic and environmental issues and policy in Ontario.
- Work in partnership with other organizations to support a strong and unified municipal sector in Ontario.