2022 Strategic Objectives
- Advance the priorities of rural municipalities with a clear and distinct ROMA voice.
- Advocate for government investment and policies that support the prosperity and essential role of rural municipalities in the pandemic recovery guided by the 5 themes and recommendations of the Rural Opportunities paper, beginning with attainable housing.
- Support the successful implementation and acceleration of broadband investment to support economic and social development.
- Rollout and implementation of ROMA’s new Scholarship program in partnership with Trent, Guelph, and Lakehead Universities.
- Deliver an outstanding virtual ROMA conference in 2022.
- Continue to build ROMA’s communication plan through strategic communications and active social media.
- Support organizations, events, and activities that advance, promote, and celebrate the strength of rural communities in the social, cultural, and economic fabric of Ontario.
- Bring a strong rural influence on current and emerging social, justice, economic and environmental issues and policy in Ontario.
- Work in partnership with other organizations to support a strong and unified municipal sector in Ontario.